A friendly running club based in Cirencester!

Dissertation results

Home Forums Forum Dissertation results

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Below I have attached the results of the 5km time trial (TT) study I conducted back in June.  This study attempted to test the hypothesis that carbohydrate (CHO) mouth-rinsing can enhance 5km running performance in an outdoor setting.  In addition to this it examined weather a does-response relationship exists between the strength of the CHO solution used and the performance outcome of the 5km TT.  No such effects were observed.  A number of environmental factors, including ambient temperature in particular, may have affected the results.  Any potential central or peripheral effects of the CHO mouth-rinse solution were not strong enough to be reflected in the results.

However even though this study did not show any great performance gains from CHO mouth-rinsing, it did highlight the dominating effects of environmental factors on performance over those of ergogenic aids such as CHO.  The statistical outcome also had no hindering effect on my overall results and I completed my overall MSc with a Merritt (2nd highest grade).  I would like to thank everone who kindly gave up there free time to help me and will be forever grateful.

Please see attached results (+ individual results graphs) and abstract from dissertation below;

James

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.